Saturday, September 21, 2013

MSFW: FINAL OUTFIT, DAY 5


Dress: Cocolatte
Skirt: Bardot, from Myer
Necklace: Emerging Designer Market, Melbourne Central
Shoes: Wittner

The story...

Apologies for the delay in this post - university and work has been rather full on! This was what I wore for my final show of MSFW - the resort show. Given that summer is just around the corner (and bikini hunting must soon commence), I was pretty excited to see what the seasons styles would be. I can report that we'll be seeing lots of cut outs, graphic prints, bright colours and my favourite - monochrome!

It was rather rainy and cold unfortunately so I was forced to wear a jacket and coat over the outfit, so didn't get to show it out as much as I would have liked. I love this black and white striped dress - it's a basic shift shape and I think looks much more expensive than it was (under $20!)

The only downside is how short it is, possibly verging on indecent when worn without tights. Enter this gorgeous leather solution: my new Bardot skirt! I had a H&M black leather skirt that I bought a few years ago and have worn to death. My mum was so sick of seeing me wear it even though it was ripped and tattered, so she bought me this one to replace it! It's slightly longer and more of an a-line shape that I love. I was torn between sizes though - the 8 fit like a glove which is great for going out in, but I really wanted something I could wear in the day too. I ended up buying the 10, which I have to wear on my hips rather than waist, but its a much classier length. It's a new season skirt, but thanks to a Myer promotion was about $20 cheaper than normal. Yey!


I wanted to keep the looks sleek and simple, so went for my Wittner transparent heels and a silver/black feathered necklace. It's actually more of a choker, which I don't really like, so I simply added a piece of elastic on each end so I could tie it as I liked! My I Scream Nails monochrome mani was still perfect from a few days before - possibly my favourite accessory!

Make-up


To keep with the sleek look, I decided to straighten my hair, tucking one side behind my ear. I was also pretty keen to rock some lippy, but thought red would be too predictable. Cue hot pink! I thought it was a refreshing change from red, and matched the brights we'd been seeing all fashion week. The rest of my face was kept simple, except for a flick of liquid eyeliner.


And so fashion week is well and truly over! The spotlight has moved from New York, to London, Milan and Paris. It was a busy but amazing week, and most importantly an excuse to dress up!

Which outfit did you like best? What other street style did you spot? I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions, so leave me a comment!

Brittany x

No comments:

Post a Comment