Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Week Living The Dream - Part 3

This is a fashion-related part of a larger series of four blog posts about 'My Week Living the Dream' - don't forget to check out Part 1 and Part 2

The fashion fun for Onya Magazine continued on Thursday night, this time at the VIP launch of The Wardrobe Weekender, a highlight of the L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival's cultural program.

This time I had my mum by my side as my +1 and we had a lovely evening. The basic philosophy of the event, organised by Lala productions and The Clothing Exchange, is a simple 'swap-shop' format. Everyone brings clothes they no longer wear to swap with others. I was a bit confused and ever so slight weirded out by the idea at first, not being a particular lover of second hand clothes, but after attending I can honestly say I'm a changed woman (limitations and exclusions apply!). I got myself two new (to me) items of clothing that i can't wait to wear and cleared out things in my wardrobe that were taking up unnecessary space. Not only that, there were also stalls of local boutiques and designers offering fantastic one-night only discounts, a complimentary glass of bubbly and vintage frocks for hire! Check out my review and please keep an eye out for any similar events coming to a town near you - can't recommend them highly enough!

1. My outfit for the evening. Recognise those trousers!? 2. Vintage clothes for hire 3. Mum and I went for dinner afterwards and had what I reckon is the best pizza outside Italy. Maybe even in Italy as well. The place is called +39 on Little Bourke Street. Thin bases, delicious tomato base and the speediest service i've had in a long time!

Firstly, I'm so grateful that i'm able to be getting experience in the industry by writing things for Onya as a contributor. I'm also hearing about and attending events that i would never have heard of otherwise - and hopefully by writing about it, am doing the same for you! I would really love a career in fashion journalism, so to be attending the events i'm attending and getting the opportunities i currently am is absolutely a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment